Rishikesh, a beautiful city located in the Dehradun district of Uttarakhand, is known for its special significance in spirituality. The people who are fond of exploring themselves and introspection keep the desire to visit this city. Here, we are going to guide you about the Rishikesh tourist spots and much more. Along with the places to visit, we will mention the reason behind the attraction of Rishikesh in the blog. To understand this city in depth from the tourist’s eye, keep reading this blog till the end.
Why are tourists attracted towards Rishikesh?
- Mountain-loving tourists usually prefer the Uttarakhand state for fulfilling their wanderlust. When it comes to the cities of Uttarakhand, due to the availability and accessibility of resources, Rishikesh is one of the top choices.
- Nobody can deny the serenity of the Ganga, its deep valleys, and its cold weather. Considering that many of the visitors come here to just relax and experience the pollution-free, hassle-free environment.
- Everybody is familiar with the power of Meditation and Yoga. Some of us get keenly interested in learning and practicing several kinds of Yoga and Dhyana. Since earlier times, Rishikesh has been a renowned centre for spiritual studies, Yoga, and Dhyana. So a number of people from all over the world come here to gain knowledge and have unique spiritual experiences.
- Along with being the base city for Chota Char Dham Rishikesh has an uncountable number of temples and Ashrams. Many of the sages and saints’ main Ashram and Math are located only in Rishikesh city. So a lot of pilgrims keep visiting the city for these wonderful temples and Ashrams. Additionally, a great number of followers of the sages come here to offer their services and maintain Guru Shishya Parampara`s (Tradition).
Must visit places in Rishikesh
Here’s the complete guide to plan your Rishikesh trip. We are adding all the famous spots of cities in the blog below.
Triveni Ghat is a bank of the Ganga river, that is quite developed and maintained for pilgrims. The people come here and take the holy dip in the Triveni Ghat Ganga Ji. It’s believed that the sacred rivers Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati converge a bit here. During the morning, usually, the ghat remains crowded. But if you are in Rishikesh, you must go and take a bath in this ghat. The evening Maha Arti held in the same ghat is one of the top attractions in Rishikesh, so don’t miss that opportunity to attend those precious religious moments.
Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula
Ram Jhula and Laxman Jhula are the two distinct large suspension bridges on the Ganga River. The specialty of these bridges is that they keep swinging slowly. These swinging bridges are very famous throughout India. The tourists find these very attractive and entertaining. They come here on these unique bridges over the Ganga river and enjoy its Swing movement. When people look at the river from the bridge, it looks like a very beautiful and pleasant scene of nature. All are fond of photography in this famous spot in Rishikesh.
The Beatles Ashram
Nowadays, the Beatles Ashram, known as Chaurasi Kutia, is also one of the most visited sites in Rishikesh. Along with Indians, it seeks high international tourism as well. The reason behind its popularity is quite uncommon. It’s an old meditation learning center. The Guru Mahesh Yogi ji used to teach different kinds of meditation practices here in earlier times. It became a popular learning center when famous Musicians and Beatles celebrities came here to learn meditation. At that time, the Beatles were a very popular and trending music band, so this place got the great attention of tourists. From there onwards its popularity gained momentum, and it became a popular tourist spot. A few years ago, this ashram was renovated as a music gallery cum museum. Its walls are decorated with unique music art and designs and give off an ideal retro, vintage vibe.
Raja Ji National Park
Located in the foothills of the Himalayas, beside the Ganga river, and spread in the three districts of Uttarakhand, including Dehradun, Rajaji National Park is a famous spot for adventurous cum wild souls. If you’re someone who loves offbeat exploration, then you must get ready to ride in this national park. This Park is also a tiger reserve, with rich wildlife and biodiversity.
- It is located a mere 5-6 km from the center of Rishikesh.
- The basic average entry ticket price for the National Park is about ₹800 per individual.
- Besides this, the most-loved adventure of Jungle Safari is also available in this beautiful natural spot. You must enjoy the fun of Jungle Safari at least once in your lifetime. It feels such an enriching experience to look at the innocent, happy, and strong wild animals.
- In Raja Ji National Park, you would get the chance to see the Bengal Tiger, Leopard, Elephants, and other wild animals.
This is one of the most visited temples in Rishikesh. It’s also known as Tera Manzil Temple. The main deity of the temple is Lord Shiva, and there are 13 floors in this temple consisting of several Lord Shiva idols. The temple architecture of 13 floors appears beautiful. If you are in Rishikesh, then don’t miss visiting this temple of Lord Shiva.
Other Significant Places to Visit in Rishikesh
There are various temples, ashrams, and waterfalls in the Rishikesh land, which attracts a great number of pilgrims. Most of the Ashrams are well maintained for stay and refreshment. The best thing about Rishikesh is that it’s filled with high spiritual vibrations that make you feel unique and connected with the universe.
Some other places that are worth exploring to gain a memorable travel experience are mentioned below.
- Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- Shri Bharat Mandir
- Geeta Bhavan
- Vibhadra Temple
- Swarg Ashram
- Shri Neelkanth Mahadeva
- Omkarananda Ashram
- Madhuban Ashram
- Muni Ki Reti
- Vashishtha Gufa
- Neer Garh Waterfall
- Himnish Waterfall
- Bhootnath Temple
- Gurudwara Sri Hemkunt Sahib
We are a tour operator team at Travel Acharya – Best Travel Agency in Haridwar so we understand the requirements of tourists very well. Here in this blog, we have tried to inform you about the famous tourist spots in Rishikesh. To explore the city, you need to plan the trip sincerely. We hope the information provided by us will be fruitful for enhancing your trip experience. Other than places to visit, we have covered all of the adventurous sports available in Rishikesh in our other blog. If you are an adventurous soul, then you must read that blog for its wholesome information.